• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a fix for conflicts in Outlook caused by Acrobat DC?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extreme delays in Outlook when replying to or attaching files to emails. Delays ranged from 20 seconds to over 8 minutes before reply window would open. By uninstalling every Creative Cloud application one at a time, the culprit ended up being Acrobat DC, which is somehow connected to Outlook. Once uninstalled, Outlook worked perfectly. (After 4 tech support "experts" and 7 weeks of IT support calls.)

Other people in my work group who also use Creative Cloud do not experience this issue. My "guy" says it might be my laptop chipset which is creating a conflict for an Adobe update.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different but related problem.  When I try to install Acrobat DC I get an error message which states I need to close out of Outlook however outlook is not open.  I am thinking about uninstalling outlook just to install Acrobat for I currently don't use outlook.  Any insight would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also had difficulty downloading Acrobat CC even though Outlook 2016 was closed. Adobe Support tried to download directly from the site and not the CC App, and when that didn't work, opened Task Manager > More details, and there was a Microsoft Outlook file running. So then ended the task and Acrobat downloaded and installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just ended two Microsoft Outlook tasks running on Task Manager, and I am so excited now because finally, Adobe Acrobat is installing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked as well for me. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the golden answer.  Was getting very frustrated with it not installing.  Deleted two files and now it's installing ok.  

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem and I too found the same thing. I ended task and it was resolved and Acrobat DC Pro is installing! Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We also noticed severe Outlook lag since Adobe CC deployment.  We solved it by disabling the Outlook add-in called "Adobe Send & Track for Microsoft Outlook - Acrobat".

Regards,

K

probleem outlook - adobe cc.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Adobe doesn't seem interested in fixing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines