• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to highlight fields on a form that only show the highlight until form is saved?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client who requested some fields be highlighted while the user is preparing the form, but then automatically disappear when they "save" the form. Is this possible?

TOPICS
PDF forms , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you can set the fields to have a fill color and then set it to transparent when the user fills them in, or when they save the file later on. You'll need to disable JS on your machine before saving the file, though, to prevent the script from running too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help walk me through this? On the field text properties under the appearance tab I am changing the fill color and making it non-transparent. After this I am not seeing the option to remove that in the validate or calculate tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to use a script. For example:

this.getField("FieldName").fillColor = color.transparent;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines