• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to link a Digital Id/Signature to a hidden template?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning all,

I'm using the newest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (20.012.20043) on a Windows machine. In short, I have a 7 page document. The authenticating signature is on page 1. Once signed, information on that page is pushed throughout other pages in the document. However, I have a button on page 3 that when pressed (if specific circumstances apply to the client) will duplicate pages 3/4/5 via hidden templates that I have created. The issue I am having is that when I digitally sign the document, then I press the button to duplicate the pages, the information is not pushed throughout the 3 hidden templates. 

I can provide code, more information, or any other details if requested. Any and all help is appreciated and is this even possible?

Thanks 

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Digital (certificate) signatures are NOT objects on a page. They are a certification that applies to the entire file. They incidentally might put a stamp on a page, and it seems this is what you are trying to duplicate. This is absolutely wrong. (Some people look at these stamps instead of properly checking signatures; training is vital to stop this!)

Suggest if you want stamps on pages you complete all of them first. THEN actually sign the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and further, changing the file utterly invalidates digital signatures. They must be LAST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines