• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to make it easier to split up pages of a PDF in Acrobat based on department and save?

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me explain what's going on:

I work at a medical facility in Accounting and we use an older version of a program called CPSI. When we have closed the previous month's GL, we generate the financial statements and they are output into a PDF file, where they are broken up by department. Every page or every 2-3 pages, the department name and number is displayed at the top. In order to send each department manager their financial statements, we have to do the following: Save As > Save as PDF > and then designate the pages we need to save based on the department, and then save in a specific location and nomenclature by department -- and this is all done manually. It takes between 1-1.5 hours to do this and we're looking to somehow automate this or make it easier. Does anyone have any insight?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify -- it outputs as one PDF file from CPSI and is a little over 100 pages long. Every 1-3 pages it shows a department's income statement, which has to be saved separately and split out using the Save As tool in Adobe -- designated to print by the page number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very likely it can be done using a custom-made script, but it's impossible to say for sure without seeing a sample file.

Also, this is not a very trivial task, so if you have no experience at all in writing scripts using Acrobat JavaScript I would recommend hiring a professional to do it for you.

I've created many similar tools for my clients and would be happy to have a look at a sample file and let you know if I think it's doable, and if so how much it will cost. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] if you're interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Create for every department a bookmark and split the file by bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines