• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any OCR add-on option for Adobe Premium users in Google Drive?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I need  some help in order to work properly with thousand of documents that need to be researchable on Google Drive.

How can use the OCR on google drive files? Is there any app add-on?
I have the premium account but even logged in it does not appear an option to transform scanned files in texts.

Best,

Kah.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>premium account

What does that mean... Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum
When you ask a question you always need to provide some basic information
-Forum quick start https://community.adobe.com/t5/Community-Help/ASK-Forum-Success-Guide-Efficiently-using-the-forums/t...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Questions-you-need-to-answer-to-receive-better-help/td-p/...
-https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/how-to-post-and-get-your-issue-resolved-or-what-do-you-ne...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC provided by the company I work for; however, it has been of little help since all hundres of files I have to access every day are scanned files Google Drive.

My team and I work with a lot of sensitive documents, so we must always edit them online and also we need to do a lot of research without downloading them. When I use the Adobe add-on I can see some functions to split the file, make commnents and delete pages indeed, but no OCR reading.

Am I missing any resource of Adobe capabilities? Is there any cloud techonolgy allowing OCR without requing us to download the file?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your questions, no.

OCR is what happens when your scanner translates the image to readable text. This usually occurs on the devices that you scan with, not online.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines