• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this a bug?

Explorer ,
May 05, 2016 May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just installed Technical Communications Suite 2015, and with it comes Acrobat Pro DC. Prior to that I had Acrobat 11, I think.

I don't know if there's a patch for this or not - this is definitely a bug, NOT a "feature" - but you can't drag and drop check boxes and radio buttons anymore when you edit a PDF form.

When you insert a new check box and click it, you can ONLY resize that box. You don't get the arrow pointer that enables you to move the field to another place on the form, the way you did on earlier versions. If you have to move it, you have to hit the arrow buttons. Very slow, very inefficient. Right clicking doesn't add any other options that help with this.

You CAN still move text boxes. They are not part of this problem.

Is there a fix yet? Are they working on it? If so, what is the ETA?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they did increase the area for resizing, and when the view of the checkbox is too small, there is no more space for the regular selection cursor to show.

An immediate workaround is to zoom in somewhat, and then the regular selection cursor will appear. Alternatively, you can always move the field with the cursor keys, as stated.

It is a feature, not a bug, and has to do with the whole frenzy of finger painting to work in Acrobat Pro (in other words, to make it work on small tablet-like computers).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fortunately, I just discovered that this version didn't overwrite Acrobat 11. I'm reverting back to that, and having IT delete this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines