• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue printing pdf files on Mac

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem printing PDF files using Apple Macbook pro or Apple desk top. Since I purchase my Macbook I have had no success in printing PDF files using Acrobat DC Reader. Apple support and HP support are unable to solve this issue Same file prints correctly if I print from MS computer.  I print large PDF files the have both letter and legal size pages.  I select select choose source by PDF page size. When the pages size changes from letter to legal the top margin is increased after the first page and the bottom of the page portion of the page is not printer and is lost. I have tried printing as image same problem persists.

My equipment is:

Abode Acrobat Reader 2015.020.20039

Printer HP Laser Jet M602 set up as network printer tried as local printer problem persists.

Mackbook Pro 17” OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry for the delay in response.

Could you please try checking update for Reader and see if that works:

Launch Reader>click Help>select Check for Updates.

Have you tried printing from other applications and see if this behavior still continues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked for updates I have the current software issue installed. Yes I have printed from the applications they print correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the same problem can anyone help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Try resetting the printer system as described in the following link and see if that resolves the issue:

OS X El Capitan: Reset the printing system

Could you please confirm the current version of Reader installed on the machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issues. Have the latest version 11.0.19 and reset the printer.

The pdf from Mail application will not print the characters. But opened in Chrome browser, it can print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sudhirb75293294,

Could you please share the workflow you are following?

Have you tried printing other pdfs to check if this is not specific to pdfs from emails only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be all pdfs not just one. direct down loads and attachments. I do not understand the workflow question? I am trying a DC reader pro trial same issue.  Can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the details. I would like to mention that Acrobat Reader doesn't have a Pro version, its Adobe Acrobat which comes in Standard and Pro versions.

Also, the workflow question was for @sudhirb75293294  as it seems he is facing the similar issue.

Could you please try performing below mentioned steps and see if that changes the output:

1- While printing, under Print dialogue>select Actual size under Page Sizing & Handling>check the box Choose paper source by PDF page size.

2- Click Printer>press Yes>under Pages>select Paper Handling from the drop down options>check the box Scale to fit paper size and Print

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print out of any Adobe product. I went through all the above steps with no success.

I have updated all my Adobe products up-to-date and reinstalled my printer several times now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried your suggestions still have same problem.  I have a trial version abode acrobat pro.  Neither product prints as needed both have about a three inch margin on page two of the second legal size page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has simply grown worse in recent months.  I too work with a Macbook Pro.  I've done all the adjustments suggested - multiple times.  Nothing solves the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reset printer system problem still there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys,

I have been having similar problems printing a pdf out of Adobe Acrobat CC.

Am using:

Adobe Acrobat CC 2017

Mac OS 10.2.2

Brother Printer Satera MF 8030Cn.

Printer was set up with latest drivers a couple of weeks ago (January 2017) and no issues with other software so far.

After issuing Print command from Adobe  Acrobat operation ground to a halt with 'Sending to Printer' and spinning rainbow Mac ball.

Tried altering colour management settings (to least operations/data demanding) + lowering image/file resolution demands but to no avail.

Tried clearing the print jobs. Nothing.

Tried rebooting the computer. Tried shutting down and restarting the printer to clear its memory. No good.

Finally the only WORKAROUND but NOT SOLUTION was to print my pdf from good old Mac Preview.

Mac Preview managed to get the Satera printer to initiate printing all 150 pages reversed and with some other additional demands paper + colour handling options within 30 seconds.

My printer works.

My Mac Preview works.

Conclusion: this is an Adobe Acrobat CC 2017 printing problem.

I still can not print out of Adobe Acrobat CC 2017.

Will there be a bug fix/patch for us soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aj77032722

I have been dealing with this issue for over a year spent countless hours trying this and that.  The lack of direct support fro Acrobat organization is frustrating.  I have a Macbook and a Mac neither can print correctly using abode DC reader.  My only option is to print using Microsoft operating system, pitiful but true for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a good idea.  I think I have an old pc laptop.  Will give it a try.  Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem printing PDF files using Apple Macbook pro. Since I purchase my Macbook I have had no success in printing PDF files using Acrobat DC Reader. Apple support and HP support are unable to solve this issue Same file prints correctly if I print from MS computer.  I print large PDF files the have both letter and legal size pages.  I select select choose source by PDF page size. When the pages size changes from letter to legal the top margin is increased after the first page and the bottom of the page portion of the page is not printer and is lost. I have tried printing as image same problem persists.   My solution was to install windows using bootcamp on my macbook pro.  Now I can large PDF files the have both letter and legal size pages by using windows.  I may be wrong but in my opinion Abode has failed totally in trying to resolve this issue. Not sure why but I am not pleased is an understatement.   If I have the option I will never purchase another Abode product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Could you please try installing the patch from the link given below and see if that helps?

15.023.20056 Optional update — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great the link does not work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print as image is greyed out & can't even select

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem with my Mac for some time and am up to date with driver and software. I am able to print the 'same pdf' on the 'same printer' from a Windows PC but could do without the hassle of having to open pdf documents on my Windows PC every time I want to print a pdf.

I have now found a workaround on the net, which I want to share with you guys until Adobe is able to get this issue sorted with an update.

You can print the pdf as an image from both 'Adobe Reader DC' and 'Adobe Acrobat Pro DC' as follows for those who don't already know how to do it ( as I didn't):

File > Print > The Print Panel will opens

At the top of the 'Print Panel' select 'Advanced' button, and 'Advance Panel' opens.

Tick the box 'Print as Image', ( at the top in Acrobat Pro, and near the bottom on Reader) then select OK, followed by Print button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was really helpful.  I had not experienced this problem until today, but printing as image worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print as image is a good resolve for a lot of printing problems. The drawback is the time to print increases and there are some drawbacks on the quality for example edges around characters are not as sharp as printer generated. But it has saved numerous times my prints.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. However, with some of the documents I have to print (100+ pages) print as image is not an option as it often overloads the printer memory, especially on most of the HP laser printers. That, and the last time I printed to image from my MAC it took about 20 minutes for a 5 page document to my HP 8720 which is hard wired to the network.  I can print the same document out of PDF Expert or PDF Studio 12 without any problems and a heck of a lot faster than with using print as image. You may wonder why I am printing out docs when I can just keep the pdf electronically, but I have several programs we use that I cannot run a pdf reader and the program at the same time as the program needs to be on top and cannot share a screen.

The main issue is that Adobe has done NOTHING to fix printer issues on the MAC and have forced us to use work arounds. I have found several PDF programs that do everything I need them to do and more without paying out the nose for Adobe products. We tried the cloud based versions and still have the same issues on the MAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe simply does not give a crap about any of their Mac Products! This Reader printing issue has been going on for a few years now no update fixes it. It is slow, refuses to print all pages, some pages are scaled to fit, others are not scaled, and many other issues. Funny thing is, Apple Preview App prints perfectly, is fast, and you can add and remove pages and IT IS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me started on their CC Apps!! Illustrator is a nightmare, Lightroom "option" key when dragging exposure controls goes absolutely crazy and plays havoc with the monitor, and ALL are over priced!!! Sick when you consider that Adobe was started for Apple Computer (just like AOL was!) and has pretty much milked everything they can out of it with no concern for quality and their roots! Sad!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines