Issue saving to network location

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues saving to a network based location with Acrobat DC.  I receive this error:

"The file may be a read only, or another user has it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different location."

I've disabled the preview pane in File Explorer and still have this issue.  I am able to save to a local folder without issue.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately the error message doesn't necessarily tell you the real error.  Acrobat could be complaining about a security restriction.  Acrobat JavaScript is heavily restricted when it comes to saving documents. It's very sensitive to system permissions and the location must be a Safe Path. Network folder permissions depend on the remote system rather than the local permission settings, so this could be getting in the way. 

You can use this script from the console window to determine whether or not Acrobat JavaScript will save to a folder location.

app.isValidSaveLocation("... Path ...");

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines