• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Transfering of Document Properties in Word to Metadata in PDF

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Word 365 document with extra document properties (Document type, meeting data, etc.) in addition to the standard properties (Author, Title, etc.). These extra document properties are added by SharePoint Online with a Library with these extra colums/metadata. These properties can be viewed with Word>Info 'Show All properties' and can be used in Word>Insert/Quick Parts>Document Property.

When converting to PDF only the standard properties are shown as metadata in the PDF. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365 and SharePoint Online. This metadata is important for the PDF document for a durable access of the document in an external Archive.

I read the answer of a simular question in feb 24, 2008 "Transfer of Document Properties in Word to Document Information in PDF" on this forum: with the right versions of Acrobat and Word custom properties are transferred to PDF.
What should I do to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Acrobat? If so, what version, and how are you converting the Word file to PDF?

If not, the first step would be to get Acrobat...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the standard Print As Adobe PDF and Export Create PDF/XPS of MS Word 365.

What Acrobat software is minimal required? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have positive answers that custom document properties can be transferred to PDF by Acrobat.

Some say that document properties added by SharePoint are not the same as custom document properties.

Acrobat has an integration with SharePoint, it is all very confusing. I hope someone knows more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines