• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with Adobe Acrobat X and Win10

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have issues with my CS6 Version on my Win10 PC. I bought it a few years ago for private use (no business!) and it worked without issues on Win7.

However, after upgrading to Win10 (since WIN7 is no longer supported by Microsoft) i can use Acrobat for about 2-4 Weeks... until the programm crashes and I have to delete and reinstall it again. This really happens every 2-4 Weeks and I am pretty sure it has something to do with an "re-evaluation" process of my software licence. When reinstalling, it sometimes tells me i only have ‭65535‬ days left, but after re-entering my Adobe account is registers the software without issues (I really bought it - still have the old reciept and everything). Until 2-4 weeks on the next startup it crashes again and no restart of my unit can bring it back again... only re-install fixes this.

Support is less then useful (I have to buy a new version for 500+ Euros), which is really not an option for me... I only edit minor things on my PDFs and use it to merge different PDFs into one. I will not pay this price for a new version of an already working software (which I paid a lot money for!) crashing due to licence issues ... !

Can someone please assist me on how to fix this (Turn of re-evaluation of licence?) or pinpoint me to a good open source alternative?

Thank you,

Stefan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support is less then useful ...

You changed to Windows 10 because Windows 7 is no more supported but you expect Adobe to give you support for your old software? Count on that as you use software that is no more supported on an OS that was not yet supported (at the time your software was still current). For once, Adobe support is completely right with their appreciation.

Now to be tentatively able to help you: Please tell us more about your operating system and version, the software and version. Please use EXACT version numbers. "Latest version" does not tell us that you really have the latest version and will no more be true at the next version level.

I know that some changes to the OS in Windows 10 are not healthy for Acrobat. So in a worst case, you have effectively only the options to go back to Windows 7, which is highly discouraged because of imminent security risks or to acquire new software compatible with your OS.

In general alternative software can be found by googleing for that. I can not give you any assessment on usability or fitness for the work you intent to do. And as this is an Adobe forum it would not be nice to short-circuit the sponsor to this and to point to competing products. Google is your best friend here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I am currently trying to run Adobe Acrobat X (10.1.16 - also tried 10.1.1)

on windows 10 Pro x64 - version 10.0.18363

I see your point, but let me arguee with 2 counterpoints:

first: its not like i am switching from win7 to mac or linux. I am switching to the latest version of my operating system (windows) and adobe is the only software I have issues with (and I have a lot running on my PC).

second: its not that the software is not running and working as it should during this 2 weeks (if there was an issue in this way, I would understand your argument). It's because of some licencing issue that the software stops working and that is some part adobe in my opinion needs to help fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some programs that I needed upgrading. Others are working well, even that they are quite old now. 

I can't help you as I went directly from Acrobat 9 on Windows 7 to Acrobat DC on Windows 7. So I can't test on a testing machine. Sorry.

I understand that you want Adobe helping you, but you are horribly out of any support time frame that even good will can't make it. 

Your only hope is that a user here with similar experience can get you help. 

Oh, and btw, Adobe does not contact you by Skype or similar. If you have a PM claiming to be from an Adobe employee, check if there is an Adobe badge attached and text says "Adobe employee". There is a lot of phishing going on here for people in need of help. Be vigilant. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to say, but the same software works flawlessly on my laptop (updated from win7 to win10). The PC i reinstalled fresh has the issues - my guess is due to registrations issues.

The software itself is not the issue - it is the registration and therefore it has nothing to do with any "support time frame". My guess is, that even installing it on a win7 machine would no longer be possible... and Adobe should really fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the idea, but the problem is neither the installation nor running the programm!

It works flawelessly for 2-4 weeks and then it crashes and only reinstall fixes it. But then it works again flawlessly until the cycle repeats itself...

So it is neither a compatibility issue with windows or admin rights or so on. Something at some point is an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines