• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with boxes when merging PDFs

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having issues with getting random boxes when I'm merging multiple PDFs into 1 PDF.  They happen for documents with astericks, but I also get boxes for random letters as well.  I've already tried changing the font options to recognize all fonts but I'm still seeing this issue. 

Happy to share details about the issue but it deals with private organization documents so feel free to contact me.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely sounds like a font issue. Possibly a font embedding issue for the font applied to the asterisk.

• What the of documents are you converting? Word or other?
  • Also is the asterisk applied as a bulleted list character? What happens when you just type the asterisk in some normal text?
  • If possible are you able to provide a tiny sample document? That can replicate the issue?
    • create new document insert some dummy text, format it as you have in your document with the asterisk,
    • convert it to PDF and see if the same issue occurs. (this will also isolate whether it's local document issue, or a more general issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cari,

Thank you so much for responding! This is a high priority item as we are hoping to resolve this issue by the our next board meeting (4/13) so any support you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

The documents are usually a mix of PDF and word documents. The random boxes do not only appear for asterisks; they happen to random letters as well and I’m not sure why!

I’m including a recent example: I have a packet of merged PDFs (“00. Combined P&Ps for IMQ”) and have also included 1-2 of the original PDFs that were submitted. The originals were fine but once I merged the documents the weird boxes showed up.

Any ideas what’s causing the issue? ☹

Thank you!

[cid:image002.jpg@01D3CCF6.EB096940][cid:image003.jpg@01D3CCF6.EB096940]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Jessican,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference.

Is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Also, share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines