• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with locking form

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am working on a document that has a variety of check boxes and radio buttons (i.e. Yes or No) where you can make selections accordingly. After signing digitally the form should lock. But then all the boxes appear checked the Yes and the Now on both check boxes and radio buttons. I cannot get around this. Any suggestions?

The form has some additional fields that will be completed afterwards, and signed (so I used the Except these fields on the Properties dialog box). Those are still look unchecked, but as son as you sign after making the selection, they all appear marked.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening on macOS or MS Windows?

Also, can you confirm if this even happens after you applied the latest update that was released 2 days ago?

What happens if you click Help-->>Repair Installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10 and yes, the update was installed a couple of days ago. It is still doing the same thing. After I sign the form it locks the fields and all the check boxes and radio buttons look black like if they were checked, so there is no way to distinguish which box was checked the Yes or the No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind sharing a sample of the file?

You can also can use the Print Production tool --->> Preflight --->>PDF Fixups -->> and run a full report.

The report will spot issues. Is this happening with every PDFthat you sign or just this one?

I would also go to the signature field properties, and deselect all the fields that you had previously selected.  Check a few radio buttons and checkboxes manually without applying any signatures, save the file,  and see if the behavior occurs again after you save the file and reopen.

If it opens up fine,  go back to the signature field test two more times under different settings. Like this:

• Go to the signature field and test how it behaves if you select "Nothing Happens" when the signature field is signed.

• Also try , to manually select the desired check boxes and radio buttons fields again paying close attention that you're not selecting other fields (make sure that the fields you are selecting match the actual name of the radio buttons and tick boxes); and very important!  save the changes before you apply the signature again. Then  sign and check once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to attach the file... It doesn't seem to have the option. Only a link, but the file is in a protected server in the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran PreFlight. Below is the report. This is with unchanged fields.

Preflight Summary Report for: B1510-COL (02-20) Solicitud Rellenable (08-2020) fix.pdf
Profile: Digital printing (B/W) (Processed pages 1 to 9)
Processed by URA07934, Date: 8/14/2020 10:52
Fixups
Flatten all form fields into page contents (520 objects)
Remove, apply or adjust object compression (1 object)
Compress all uncompressed objects using lossless ZIP compression (1 object)
Recompress LZW as ZIP (1 object)
Convert color to B/W (5412 objects)
Results (Summary)
Warning
Document images on CMY plates (35 matches on 3 pages) - 1, 7, 9
Object uses RGB (35 matches on 3 pages) - 1, 7, 9
Info
Text is smaller than 5 pt (1 match on 1 page) - 7
Uses CID Type 2 font (271 matches on 9 pages) - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Document information
File name: "B1510-COL (02-20) Solicitud Rellenable (08-2020) fix.pdf"
Path: "E:\My Documents\Cabinet\PDF\New Forms\Colombia"
PDF version number: "1.6"
File size (KB): 258.5
Title: "B1510-COL (02-20).indd"
Author: "CorrPerformance"
Creator: "PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2"
Producer: "Acrobat Distiller 10.0.0 (Windows)"
Created: "4/3/2020 13:59"
Modified: "8/14/2020 10:51"
Trapping: "Unknown"
Number of plates: 4
Names of plates: "(Cyan) (Magenta) (Yellow) (Black) "
Environment
Preflight, 18.2.0 (211)
Acrobat version: 17.110
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (Build 17763)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the file in acrobat and click on the share button see  this topic where I was answering to another user how to share a file:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/blue-share-button-is-gone/m-p/11358402#M270808

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will try your suggestions. Actually this is the first form I am working on. I am not an expert in PDF not programming, just a user that needs to create urgently this form to be used by clients overseas that cannot see the agent in person to have the paper form signed. It is a complex form with about ten pages and several signatures of different people along the process. I appreciate your guidance. I will get back to you as soon as I make those changes and testings.

Regards,

Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines