Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Javascript code to automatically confirm error message

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having a bit of a hustle with Acrobat as I am trying to convert many many files to PDF/A 2b.

Using the action wizard to do this task it runs into an error every now and then failing to "open a font". Now this wouldn't be the problem but after error message appears it tries to open the next document which then results in an error saying "that there's already an Acrobat task running".

Could anyone (as I don't know my way around javascript) tell me an easy code that I could run to confirm this error message if it appears? So then Acrobat could continue doing the rest of the work without problems. I don't care about the 1 out of 1000 documents having this problem..

Thanks a lot 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the font type may be related to a font that has copyright restrictions. As for the wizard not pausing the file conversion batch action when the error alert is triggered,  you may need to share the code that you're  currently using to get better assistance from the community.

If you're not using any JavaScript script for this action, then just disregard my last suggestion above.

Nevertheless, Since you're also enforcing a PDF/A conformance standard for these file conversions, you may need to verify if there's a preference that can be changed or lowered, or if you're OK to switch to a comformance standard that is less restrictive during the text extraction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply.

I am not using any code in this. I am simply using the action wizard to open the specified folders, do a preflight for the PDF/A B-2 standard and then save them in the same folder with the original name + '_konvertiert'. 

The problem doesn't seem to be the conversion as this works fine but opening certain files with the action wizard and then running into the described error messages. If  I open them manually they open fine without any error messages. Maybe a small delay could work?

My problem is that of the new EU regulations we need to keep files in an archivable format which is only provided by the PDF/A standard and we have many files (probably around 10.000+) which need to be converted.

Does anyone have an idea how I could fix this or a different idea how I could convert these files as easy as possible?

Thank you very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript can't do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying Try67.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. It's been sort of my last hope to get this fixed. Acrobat Support doesn't help as they replied to me that they don't offer "how to's" on their products which is a shame as I am not able to use their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines