Highlighted

Javascript security warning - but no javascript features in the file - HELP

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help

I created a 1 page form.  It has passed the accessibility test and should be all ready to go, but it started thowing the javascript security warning and asking for JS to be enabled.  I opened the javascript editor and there is no script.  Also no action buttons on the form.  Just form fields.  How the heck do I 1.) located whatever is making the form thing it needs javascript enabled and 2.) Disable javascript on the document. 

At one point I pushed "the enable in this document only" option just to get the warning to go away.  My company has all javascript disabled at the global level (all boxes in the javascript preferences are greyed out), so I am also worried that by choosing to enable javascript on the document,  I did that and that is part of the problem.

HELP  I really don't want to have to start from scratch and redo all my tooltips and tagging again!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

Can you provide the exact text of the message, or better yet, a screen shot?

In case you're not aware, a lot of the functionality of form fields is implemented through JavaScript. For example, field formatting, validations, and calculations.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Javascript security warning - but no javascript features in the file - HELP

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help

I created a 1 page form.  It has passed the accessibility test and should be all ready to go, but it started thowing the javascript security warning and asking for JS to be enabled.  I opened the javascript editor and there is no script.  Also no action buttons on the form.  Just form fields.  How the heck do I 1.) located whatever is making the form thing it needs javascript enabled and 2.) Disable javascript on the document. 

At one point I pushed "the enable in this document only" option just to get the warning to go away.  My company has all javascript disabled at the global level (all boxes in the javascript preferences are greyed out), so I am also worried that by choosing to enable javascript on the document,  I did that and that is part of the problem.

HELP  I really don't want to have to start from scratch and redo all my tooltips and tagging again!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by George_Johnson | Adobe Community Professional

In case you're not aware, a lot of the functionality of form fields is implemented through JavaScript. For example, field formatting, validations, and calculations.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That hint worked.  I removed the date format I had put on a few fields and saved with a new name.  Then I still got the yellow bar, but ran the preflight  remove javascripts and it found one associated with opening the file, which I think was what was making the yellow bar warning appear.  Now I back in buisness.  Thank you very much

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is my tax return going to be sent to CRA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0