JavaScript that pops up the upload your document to document cloud or share link to this file

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form with a submit email button that works. It creates an email and all that good stuff. However, people who've tried to use it say that it gives them a "file too large" error message. I'm guessing it's because with this form, I have them attach a file to it. I found that if I use the in app "share link" button or "send file by email" button that uploads it to the cloud, this error message doesn't occur.

Is there a way to have it so that if someone clicks the email button, it will either:

• Generate an email to a specific email address, with the link that would be created when you hit the "share a link" button that would pop up and they'd just hit send or
  • Pops up the email that is created when you hit the "send file by email" button with a prefilled email address?

Thanks for the help all!

TOPICS
How to, JavaScript, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, a script can't do that. If the file is too large to share via email then submit just the form data, instead. It's a much smaller FDF file that contains the values of the fields in the form, instead of the full PDF. You can then import it into a blank version of the file on your end and get the same result (unless they are digitally signing the file, in which case the resulting file will not be signed).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines