Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript to activate stamp

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Do you know how I can activate a stamp via a menu item? I would like to improve the user experience for one of my tools. Right now the user goes to the edit drop down and clicks a menu item we added that prompts them for some information using app.response. After the user enters the information they hit enter or click okay and then they have to go into stamps and select the appropriate custom dynamic stamp we created for them. I would like to simplify the process by automatically starting the stamp once they enter the data in the app.response prompt. Can a folder level script activate a specific stamp? 

hope you're doing well, 

Travis

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, but it can add the stamp to the page at a pre-defined location. The user can then drag it to their desired location.

Alternatively, you can place the code under the stamp itself, so the user will just need to place it, then the dialog will appear prompting them to enter data, which will then be populated into the applied stamp. That's how a real dynamic stamp works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines