Highlighted

Keep security setting when extracting files

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 45 pages pdf that I need to extract into 45 different pages and then save each file with a password. Is there a possibility to give the 45 pages file a password and when extracting the 45 pages, each pdf keeps the password ? Right now when I press extract I get the message: Pages extracted from a secure file will loose their security settings. Is it ok to continue ?

I do not want to add 45 times a password, is there a better solution to secure each file ? 

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mel

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Keep security setting when extracting files

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 45 pages pdf that I need to extract into 45 different pages and then save each file with a password. Is there a possibility to give the 45 pages file a password and when extracting the 45 pages, each pdf keeps the password ? Right now when I press extract I get the message: Pages extracted from a secure file will loose their security settings. Is it ok to continue ?

I do not want to add 45 times a password, is there a better solution to secure each file ? 

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Mel

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't keep the security settings.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damn, that was not the easy answer I was looking for. But thanks for your help. I guess I am off to giving 45 single files the same password ....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Action Wizard to do it if it's the same password for all the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the Action Wizard of Acrobat Pro for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, have never used it, but have Acrobat Pro. I am not very familiar with Acrobat Pro. Is there a 'how to' somewhere ? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Will look into it, looks very helpful. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 25, 2020 0