• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keychain password access

New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I constantly get asked for the password to my 'keychain account" I do not know what this even means, still less what a password might be. None of the other passwords I use on the computer are accepted.

I logged on to our Acrobat account yesterday, so that I could translate from an Acrobat document into a Word doc.

Since that time I have had nothing but problems. Google asks me to log in and then denies access, Facebook asks me to login.

How do I get out of this Acrobat do-loop and probably cancel my subscription to save more problems.

In a word - HELP!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Hi MartyNI,

As you get the Keychain login password pop-up after the recent update, try once the steps mentioned below:

- Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

- From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.

- Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

- Authenticate with your account login password.

- Quit Keychain Access.

- Reboot your Mac.

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Janec,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, you are getting the keychain password prompt in Acrobat, is that correct?

Please check for any pending updates of Acrobat from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing any updates and see if this brings any difference.

Also, refer and try the steps mentioned in the following Adobe discussion How to stop getting prompts for password in Adobe Pro for Mac

If the issue persists, please share the following details:

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting pinged by these pop-ups seems like once every 30 mins requesting the "Local Items" keychain as well, but mine isn't just from Acrobat, they are from any Adobe software I have open. My hypothesis is these are because of the upgrade to Mojave OS. I wasn't getting these before the upgrade.

I am using MAC OS Mojave 10.14.1 and here are the dot versions of my Adobe software:

Photoshop: 20.0.1

Illustrator: 23.0.1

Acrobat: 2019.008.20080

I hope this helps to discover the problem and issue a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MartyNI,

As you get the Keychain login password pop-up after the recent update, try once the steps mentioned below:

- Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

- From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.

- Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

- Authenticate with your account login password.

- Quit Keychain Access.

- Reboot your Mac.

Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Haven't had this happen all day today! YAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure for sure, but this seems to have solved my problem.  I was on the phone calling to see what was going on, and it seems to not be giving me this nag screen from the keychain anymore.  However, at first it said that I could not do that operation after trying to reset it and putting the password in.  But then one or two minutes later it had a dialogue box from Keychain asking if I was sure I wanted to reset the keychain, and I said yes, and my Adobe products seem to be working now without the Node, Keychain and other dialog box popping up, hopefully it sticks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not work for me at all. Under "Preferences" in Keychain Access my only option is to delete all of my passwords and start again. I can't do this because I use strong passwords and rely on Keychain to remember them and keep me safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem ever since upgrading to Mojave.

I've tried Resting my Default Keychain multiple times.

I've gone into my keychain folder and deleted all entries forcing my system to make totally new keychains.

All those work TEMPORARILY.  Within a day or two its back to pop up prompts requesting access to "Local Items" keychain.  Sometimes it even gets to the point that PhotoShop won't stay open but for 20 seconds then it automatically closes.

Very frustrating. I don't have this problem with any other program.

Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your Mac keeps asking for the login keychain password - Apple Support

Is it possible that your mac password and your account password are different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meenakshin83966505, is there a way to do this without resetting our Keychain? I've moved over to 1Password but unfortunately Keychain doesn't give us the ability to export, so I'm still using that for some passwords of things I haven't used for a while.

I don't understand which password this prompt is asking for because my login password isn't accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a BAD idea. By resetting, you'll be losing all your saved passwords, signatures, etc. 

Maybe you should add a warning so people won't accidentally remove their login info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah HORRIBLE idea, followed the instructions, can't even check my email anymore. Gonna take me all day to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Concur. Followed the instructions with some trepidation and lost half a day to resetting all of the passwords. Makes no sense that in order to get Adobe to stop popping up I would have to eliminate every other save password and start over. Essentially this is back to Windows 98 where the default response to any bug was to erase the hard drive and reinstall the OS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked great!!

Thanks MartyNI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I have a similar problem with Adobe Digital Editions. Ive just installed it and it keeps asking me for Keychain password. Ive gone into preferences and the only option is to erase all keychain passwords, which Im nervous about doing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @MeenakshiNegi is that workaround some kind of prank? People are supposed to be able to trust your answer as an Adobe Employee. I followed your instructions and this has logged me out of everything and erased all my saved passwords. I used Keychain for everything! This is going to be a headache. You should add a disclaimer to your answer that lets people know that before committing to erasing all their passwords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This remains an ongoing issue. I work for a large enterprise organization and almost everyone of our designers have experienced this problem. Erasing all our passwords from our system is not a solution. Would someone please escalate this issue? Otherwise I'm likely to just cancel my CC service and remove it from my machine, as some of my colleagues have already done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started getting these messages yesterday. I input my mac password and it took them and cycled through about 6-7 Adobe apps with the same keychain issue. It ended on Acrobat and that one failed - it quit out and sent this message. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 10.15.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines