• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Laggy scroll and pan

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat scrolling or panning (spacebar) through a PDF is very laggy and slow to respond. When scrolling I can take my hand off the mouse and it keeps going (very choppily) for a good 5s. Problem gets much worse when using Output Preview.

Currently using 2019 MacBook Pro. Mac's Preview is very smooth on the same PDFs and I never had this problem on a 5-year-old PC. 

Anyone got any fixes, or the same problem? Or should I be submitting a bug report instead of posting here?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate this forum gets absolutely bombarded but is anyone able to help with this? I've found other threads with the same issue, but no fixes yet (resetting prefs doesn't work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Attempting another bump for this issue as I'm still having the same problem on Big Sur. In Acrobat zooming, panning and scrolling are all very slow and choppy. I'm listing specs below in the hope that this might help diagnose.

• MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2
  • MacBook Pro (16in 2019)
    Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 | RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 | Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB / Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Architecture: x86_64, Build: 21.5.20058.441104, AGM: 4.30.107, CoolType: 5.14.5, JP2K: 1.2.3.48698
  • Built-in retina display + Dell U2720Q (4K monitor over USB-C), both using custom colour profiles from X-Rite i1 Display Pro

Performance is slow whether the external display is connected or not. Things get choppier when using Output Preview or if the file has a lot of vector images, however it affects all files, no matter how simple.

Any help or acknowledgement of the issue would be greatly appreciated. I've found old threads on similar issues, but none of the resolutions have worked for me.

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines