• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Acrobat update - breaks index search

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Acrobat update breaks the index search. Apparently this is a known bug? (Problem: [Win-only] Acrobat is not able to load the associated index of a PDF file. [4323902])  This is a BIG issue for my clients. On my system I get no error message. On a coworkers system they get the message "search could not load the index.  May need to rebuild the index." Rebuilding all previous indexes would be unacceptable. I have an older reader version "XI" that still reads the indexes fine. Is there a solution or workaround to this issue???

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe.html#dccontinuousfebtwentytwentyoneqfe  

Let us know if that reso

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Greetings! Sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the index Search functionality.

We have already communicated with our engineering teams regarding this issue. For now, you may use the workaround mentioned in helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/unable-to-load-index-file-associated-with-pdf.html

We will let you know once the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,

Adobe Acrobat DC Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a solution. This is a workaround. 

Manually loading an index is not an alternative for the automatic opening via double click.

I need a solution, not a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Patch works.

(I don't want to know how many company policies I just broke, because my company install software centrally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have released an update for Acrobat and Reader DC(version 21.001.20138) that addresses this issue.

Please update the application to the latest version. In the application, go to Help > Check for updates.

For more information about the latest version, please refer to this link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousfeb2021qfe....  

Let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem resolved. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I posted earlier this update fixes loading the PDX index problem. BUT I have come across another issue that I believe is related. I launch Acrobat and pass along a BPDX file as an argument so acrobat should launch and rebuild / build the PDX file set. Since the update of 20135 this is not working. The 20138 patch does NOT fix this problem. Acrobat does launch and the index screen pops up but an error message appears "fatal search engine error (-6) not able to find the file".  This seems related to the original problem so I would bet the solutions are related.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines