• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Legally bought & paid for Adobe Acrobat XI Pro wouldn't accept original license key

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had phone support from Adobe to work some remote magic on my PC to have the original license key for Acrobat Pro XI reinstalled a few months ago.  Now there doesn't seem to be any tech support chat staff to assist me to do it again.  Help, please.

-Bob-

[attachments removed - contained serial numbers]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, Bob.
Acrobat XI is an older product and is no longer supported.
I can't say anything about the technical support from Adobe, but unfortunately I can't do anything about it.
I think you should consider introducing Acrobat DC (Subs), which is a successor, or Acrobat 2020.

Products and technical support periods

Adobe software support guidelines

* Don't upload serial number images to the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a public forum. Do NOT post personal info such as serial numbers. You may lose the use of all of them permanently for such a breach of the rules. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro XI is no more supported and so there is no technical support available. So, if you do not post error mesages, nobody can help you.

Nb: Pay attention to fake Adobe support! Especially if contacted via PM here, you should check twice before giving up private information.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got ahold of Tech Support and one of them downloaded and installed Adobe Pro 2017 remotely - which now works great.  I didn't want to consider Creative Cloud @ $19/mo. or pay again for Acrobat Writer.  But I may have to do that down the road.   Software makers are centralizing their software distribution and using browser-based apps.  I see that it becomes cheaper and more eay to just make changes on the server - leaving rollouts behind.   My job requires me to disseminate documents daily through a server.  I have good net speeds up and down.  Thanks Adobe Tech Support.  They are knowledgeable and considerate and don't take much time to deal with installs.  The net is only as useful as your connection speeds.   You go, Tech Suppor.  And Thank You!!!    🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud, Acrobat Pro DC, Acrobat 2017 - these are not server based products. They still have to be installed/rolled out, and run on your own computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines