• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Letters missing when multiple pdf files combined

New Here ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several pdfs from Microsoft Word. When I open them in Acrobat, they display correctly; however, when I combine them into a single pdf, random letters disappear at random places on all the pages. I'm running Windows 7, and have tried Acrobat 7, Acrobat Pro 9, and have recently downloaded and tried the trial version of Acrobat Pro X - the problem has persisted in all versions. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program and the Acrobat printer, as well as a few other fixes I read about on forums. Nothing seems to resolve the problem. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Were the fonts embedded or subset prior to combining the files? (File > Properties > Fonts) If not, suggest that you change your Word preferences or your Adobe PDF Printer preferences to a setting that alays embeds fonts.

For those files without fonts embedded, Advanced > Preflight PDF Fixups > Embed fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
May 03, 2011 May 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were the fonts embedded or subset prior to combining the files? (File > Properties > Fonts) If not, suggest that you change your Word preferences or your Adobe PDF Printer preferences to a setting that alays embeds fonts.

For those files without fonts embedded, Advanced > Preflight PDF Fixups > Embed fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2011 May 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why this problem started all of a sudden, especially when the font is installed on my computer, and only random letters went missing, but this solution seems to have worked! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines