Highlighted

Links embedded in PDF take long time to load in browser

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I try to click a link in a PDF file, Acrobat seems to freeze(unresponsive and entire program window goes washed out) and the link eventually loads in my web browser(Chrome). It takes about a minute for the link to open up.

I am using a Windows 10 64 bit machine with the latest Acrobat Pro DC software.

I have tried Protected View-Off and Enable Enhanced Security- Unchecked with no luck.

Any other suggestions to speed up web links?

Thanks,

Toby

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Links embedded in PDF take long time to load in browser

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I try to click a link in a PDF file, Acrobat seems to freeze(unresponsive and entire program window goes washed out) and the link eventually loads in my web browser(Chrome). It takes about a minute for the link to open up.

I am using a Windows 10 64 bit machine with the latest Acrobat Pro DC software.

I have tried Protected View-Off and Enable Enhanced Security- Unchecked with no luck.

Any other suggestions to speed up web links?

Thanks,

Toby

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 25, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toby,

As per the issue description mentioned above, when clicking embedded links in a pdf, it takes time to load them as well as Acrobat freezes, is that correct?

Could you confirm dot version of Acrobat you have on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Does this happen with a specific pdf? Have you tried with another pdf ( with embedded links)?

Also, would it be possible to share the pdf file you are working with to replicate the issue at our end? To share the file here in the forums, refer to the steps given in this link: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

You may also share the link for the pdf via private message - How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is correct.

I am using 2019.008.20081

This happens with multiple PDF's. Yes, I have tried others.

Here is an example of a recent PDF that I could not load the link to:

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dynatnt1,

Thanks for sharing the link for the file. I tried replicating the issue on a machine with Acrobat Pro DC's latest version  2019.008.20081, Windows 10, but the issue was not reproducible. I have shared you a link for the video file for the same via private message.

Could you try changing the URL in the pdf to https:// and check if that helps? You may also try changing the default browser to another browser and check.

-Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to the confusion, I now noticed that when I click the "Manage Account" link under my Acrobat account it also does that same thing of a super delayed access to my web browser.

Can't seem to figure this one out.

I have tried to remove and reinstall Acrobat.

Shut off Windows Defender

Add Acrobat to my Firewall settings

It will eventually connect to the internet but is just very unresponsive for about a minute before it responds.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dynatnt1,

The issue might be related to the network settings in your environment. If you are in IT managed network, try contacting the IT and see what they have to suggest. Also, try connecting the machine to a different environment and see if that helps.

-Shivam

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the answer to this problem.  It's not a network issue.  I'm not on a network, just my own wifi.  I have this problem all of the time.   Adobe just spins when I click on a weblink that is embedded into my document.  It eventually opens up minutes later!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 3
DaveM65 LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Did you ever get a solution?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 30, 2020 0