• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to mp3, wav and mp4

Participant ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf document with several links to mp3, wav and mp4.
It works well if the links are specified exactly to the folder where they are located and I open the pdf file in Acrobat Pro or PDF Writer.

I want to transfer both the PDF file and all linked files to another hard drive and use PDF Writer there.
How can you make the links work if only the file name is specified in the link but not in any particular folder?

If I do that and open the PDF file in Microsoft Edge, the links work but not in PDF Writer.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is "PDF Writer"? Who makes it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Acrobat Writer not pdf Writer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Links created in Acrobat are (almost) always relative, unless the linked-to file is located in a different drive.

They might appear like they are "absolute" links, but if you move the PDF to another folder and re-examine them you'll see that they changed accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines