• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links within a pdf to pdf-files on harddisk are not opened in Adobe Arcobat DC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exported a MS word docx to pdf. In word all links to pdf files on the harddisk are working. Afer converting the word file to pdf the links cannot be opened. The edge browser is starting and shows the link. But nothing more happens. This failure appears today for the first time. In the last days and weeks all links were able to opened directly in a new Arcobat DC window.

When I change the edge browser settings  so that pdf files can be opened in the browser, which I actually not want, the links are working. But I want Arcobat DC to open the link in a new window of Arcobat DC.

When I change the standard app for opening pdf files to the normal Adobe Reader, which I also not really want, the links are working too. So whats wrong which Arcobat DC<ß

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you converting the Word file to PDF, exactly? Can you share a sample file with us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the sample file is confidential. I had converted the docx via serveral options but none of these worked. I used the integrated export function of Microsoft Word as shown below, the function "save as pdf" and the export to PDF function of my integrated Adobe Arcobat Standard. All links are refering to files a local file system (no URL links). And yes some files have spaces inbetween. But when the normal cost free Reader of Adobe works, the edge browser if set, why not the payable version of Adobe Arcobat Standard. Thanks for help and further assistance.

Uwe5CF6_0-1612535306248.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the file I can't help you any further. Maybe create a file that doesn't contain the sensitive information but does have such a link...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I have created a sample file which I have attached to this message.

The file "main-Document-with-links.pdf" is my document from where I link to other pdf documents.

The file "Testfile with spaces.pdf" is a file on which I link from the main document. Please put this in a separate Folder in the same path and name it "Folder with linked files"

The docx I just have added for Information. .

Below you see a screenshot what happens if I click on the link in the "Main-Document-with-links.pdf" and have chosen Adobe Arcobat Standard as a standard for opening pdf files.

Uwe5CF6_0-1612538469360.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is set to open a web-page. You need to set it to open a file, instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure. It's a normal link. And the reader and edge browser can handle it if set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm sure. Here are the link properties:

try67_0-1612541468568.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it should look like:

try67_0-1612541642444.png

The file path looks fixed, but if you move the file to another location you'll see that the path changes with it, because it's actually relative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, but Unbenannt.PNGwhere can I find the link properties?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are in Acrobat. I don't know where you'd find them in Word, or if it's at all possible.

It probably depends more on the Word->PDF converter and how it generates links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines