• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LiveCycle

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is being done about the inability to work with forms that have been created in LiveCycle? My work production has come to a screeching halt with the inability to work with forms produced in LiveCycle.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What product of the LiveCycle family?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are pdf forms that were produced in livecycle 11.0

i have been unable to use these forms for the last couple of weeks. I’m very frustrated: I Lee getting “unsupported file” error messages when trying to send them out for signatures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean LiveCycle Designer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 11.0

I am unable to use these forms for the last two weeks. Something has changed in the last couple of weeks that is not allowing me to work in these forms or even print them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very disappointing problem you're having and I emphasize about it wrecking your work life.

Although Adobe is in the process of discontinuing LiveCycle Designer and migrating forms design to their Adobe Experience Manager Forms service (cloud-based) https://www.adobe.com/marketing/experience-manager-forms.html​ , I haven't heard anything about changes that would cause the problems you're having.

Can you give us a few more details?

1. From which software program and version are you trying to "send them out for signatures"?
  2. Were any changes made to the PDF form since you last sent it out without problems?
  3. Did any of your software get updated since you last sent it out without problems? (Looking to see if maybe an Acrobat update might have triggered the problem.)

FYI, I tested a form made in Acrobat DC Pro (not LiveCycle Designer) and it was successfully sent from Acrobat.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is specifically with livecycle. The forms I have to use were  in livecycle 11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to adobe 19 and to Mojave. since then, I am unable to work in these forms. The tech from adobe tried to uninstall adobe 19’andnreinstall both 15 and 17.. it didn’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LiveCycle is a very different product from Acrobat. They both use a form design technology that is not compatible with the other. You will need LiveCycle Designer to edit tthe form. If the forms have had special rights or protection applied, you will first need to use Acrobat to remove the protection and then use a LiveCysle product to edit the form.

There is a group of LiveCycle specific forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Livecycle designer is no longer available. I am unable to remove the security of the form due to the fact that I am not the creator. As far as I know, there are no longer any livecycle products to purchase to work in these forms. When I try to download the lifecycle tool from adobe, the page says "unchartered waters, page no longer available".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carrieb7417780  wrote

Livecycle designer is no longer available.

That's correct. Adobe has ceased selling it and is moving its clients to AEM Forms mentioned above.

Maybe your organization has the original CDs with LiveCycle Designer that shipped with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 and X, and you can reinstall it.

Another option is rebuild the form (I know I know, not the ideal solution but at least you can recover LCD forms). Open the PDF in Acrobat Pro CC:2019 and save it as an MS Word.docx. You'll have the visible "skeleton" of the form without the form fields. You then can either PDF it from Word and add the form fields back in with Acrobat Pro (not LiveCycle) or bring the content into InDesign and recreate the form there.

InDesign has decent forms design tools, but if there any scripts, they'll need to be added in the new PDF exported from InDesign.

This has become a serious problem for organizations with a lot of LiveCycle forms. You are not alone!

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may need to contact an independent programmer to change you LiveCycle forms as needed. You can then start a project to either convert them to Acrobat PDFs (AcroForm) or AEM projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines