Highlighted

Locking a background image

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form in Acrobat Pro and applied a tinted colour background to part of it. Is there a way of locking the background so that anyone else who opens the form in Acrobat Reader can't accidently click and select it?

When the form opens on a phone it is not a problem, however when opening in Acrobat Reader on a desktop and clicking on the background, it selects it and highlights the background as a shade of blue (until you click off it). While it can't be moved or edited, it does make it diffcult to see the form fields.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Locking a background image

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a form in Acrobat Pro and applied a tinted colour background to part of it. Is there a way of locking the background so that anyone else who opens the form in Acrobat Reader can't accidently click and select it?

When the form opens on a phone it is not a problem, however when opening in Acrobat Reader on a desktop and clicking on the background, it selects it and highlights the background as a shade of blue (until you click off it). While it can't be moved or edited, it does make it diffcult to see the form fields.

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the only way to do that is to convert the entire page to an image, but then the entire page will be selected, instead of just that image.. I'm guessing one possible way is to place a field on top of it, like a button that does nothing when pressed. That might prevent the image from being "selected", too. But why do you want to do it, anyway?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I suppose I can get away without a tinted background, but a lot of forms have them. They make the white field boxes clearer than just having a field box border with white infill on a white background. Better for the form filler I think.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 0