Highlighted

Locking Fields

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a form for use between 8-10 users .  After the user selects their name from a dropdown field in a given row and fill out the remaining information I need a way the user can verify & lock the data to prevent it from being altered by the next user after it has been saved.  Is this possible and if so how can i accomplish this?  Thanks for any advice.

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Locking Fields

New Here ,
May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create a form for use between 8-10 users .  After the user selects their name from a dropdown field in a given row and fill out the remaining information I need a way the user can verify & lock the data to prevent it from being altered by the next user after it has been saved.  Is this possible and if so how can i accomplish this?  Thanks for any advice.

Topics

How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding a digital signature field for that user can accomplish that.

And adding a javascript action to convert the entire document to read-only when the signature is applied is also doable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So data only needs to be locked for the row filled out by the particular user? 

An easy solution is to set the row fields  to readonly when the user selects thier name, including the name selection. You could add a popup warning/verify message to make sure they want it locked. 

However, this method is not secure. It's good for the case where everyone is on board with the process. It does not stop malicious participants. Anyone who has Acrobat Pro and/or knows something about Acrobat scripting could break this. 

Adding a digital certificate field is not a good solution for locking individual fields.

The most secure solution you can easily access is Adobe Sign. Make this a Fill & Sign form and email it to all the recipients. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF