Locking specific form fields

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating photography contracts and I cannot figure out how to make only certain form boxes editable. I have a base pdf file that has a few forms that I would fill out before sending to my client to complete and sign, but I want to make sure that my client would not be able to change anything that I've already typed into those form boxes. I don't want to have to force every client to download adobe acrobat and create a signature profile as I can imagine many will simply use a phone or tablet to fill out their end of the contract. If I could somehow make the contract first filled and signed by me, then lock all changes, then client can fill in their portion, that would be ideal. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make specific fields readonly after you sign.

Izrezak.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this is not possible on a mobile device, at least not with a regular PDF form.

Considering using something like Adobe Sign or some other format that's geared toward digital signing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines