Highlighted

Locking zoom to readable setting?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on 20.009.20074 and having trouble with the zoom of documents: no matter what settings I change, every time I click on a bookmark the zoom of the document resets to one that is not comfortable reading and I have to manually change it back.

I have tried setting default zoom level in Edit-Preferences-Page Display and changing page layout away from automatic, and I have tried checking and unchecking "Restore last view settings when reopening documents", as suggested by past threads. I have also tried Preferences-Accessibility-Always Use Zoom Setting, but this also fails (and isn't it a severe bug that "always use zoom setting" doesn't always use that zoom setting?).

Navigating this document is primarily done wth bookmarks, and there are hundreds of them, so having to switch zoom every single time is a product breaking user interface bug. At this point I just want an option to lock the zoom to a readable level. Can this be done?

Thanks very much!

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Locking zoom to readable setting?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on 20.009.20074 and having trouble with the zoom of documents: no matter what settings I change, every time I click on a bookmark the zoom of the document resets to one that is not comfortable reading and I have to manually change it back.

I have tried setting default zoom level in Edit-Preferences-Page Display and changing page layout away from automatic, and I have tried checking and unchecking "Restore last view settings when reopening documents", as suggested by past threads. I have also tried Preferences-Accessibility-Always Use Zoom Setting, but this also fails (and isn't it a severe bug that "always use zoom setting" doesn't always use that zoom setting?).

Navigating this document is primarily done wth bookmarks, and there are hundreds of them, so having to switch zoom every single time is a product breaking user interface bug. At this point I just want an option to lock the zoom to a readable level. Can this be done?

Thanks very much!

Topics

General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to change the Zoom Level associated with those bookmarks. The problem is you can't do that en masse, you have to go over them one by one. If you want to automate this process you would need to use a plugin or a stand-alone tool, like this (paid-for) one I've developed: http://try67.blogspot.com/2011/12/batch-edit-zoom-level-in-bookmarks.html

If you set the bookmarks to "Inherit Zoom" then the zoom level won't change when you click them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF