Exit

LogTransport2.exe Error on closing the computer

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error whern shutting down Windows 10:

LogTransport2.exe

The application was unable to start properly. (0xc0000142). Click OK to close this application.

I am running the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC (2020.009.20074).

What's annoying is that I my computer will not go into sleep mode. If I close lid on my laptop or manually select Shut Down|Sleep, the computer does nto go into sleep mode. If I uninstall DC, I don't have this issue. But I need DC every day for work.

I have seen the other posts on this forum about the same problem. I have tried all the fixes. Nothing works and the problem keeps coming back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled DC, changed the optin to 0 in the registry, changed the permisisons on the registry key, tried a DC repair. I installed the hotfix on this page, https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousmay2020qfe2... which seemed to work for about a week and the problem came back.

Is there any solution to this problem?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

This helped for me. I hope this can be of use for you.

Link to solutioin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I've noticed thus far trying to resolve this annoyance is that the "LogTransport2.exe" error message upon shutdown goes away when "AcroTray (32 bit).exe" is stopped with the task manager.  AcroTray (32 bit) cannot be deleted as Windows10 loads it and will constantly look for it thus creating a bigger nuissance.

Adobe... how about stepping up your game and helping your customers here!!!.  This has gone on long enought already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried disabling AcroTray.exe from the startup tab in Task Manager? That seems to work for me.

As a bonus, you get rid of the butt ugly Windows 95 style icon from Task Manager. 

smack332_2-1610535403802.png

😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No but it's certaioinly worth a try. What excactly does AcroTray.exe do? If you stop it, what effect does this have? I'll let this forum know if it made a differenmce for me. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems I spoke too soon, unfortunately. Acrotray has a nasty habit of starting automatically when you work with PDF-files.

Did some digging, and it seems AcroTray is tied to the context menu that opens when you right-click e.g. a Word document (which allows you to convert file to PDF etc.). Every time you right-click a document that can be converted to PDF, AcroTray starts itself if it's not already running. So to get rid of AcroTray completely, you have to remove the context menu. I found a way to do that here: Solved: Disable adobe right-click context menu using Activ... - Adobe Support Community - 8281479

The drawback is of course that you lose the context menu, so if you use that you will have to weigh your options. I never do, so for me it was win-win to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Adobe have really gone out of their way to make this as painful as possible for their customers. AcroTray is apparently also tied to the Adobe Word plug-in. If you use that in any way (just opening the ribbon menu is enough), AcroTray starts after you close Word. So it doesn't seem to be doing anything useful, it just runs because...?

To prevent this you have to disable the plugin (Options menu -> Add-ins -> Manage COM Add-ins and uncheck Adobe). However, you then lose the Adobe PDF Word integration, which is actually quite useful. The work-around is to save as or print to PDF, but that's less versatile.

This is just ridicolous. Various problems with AcroTray seem to have been going on for years and are affecting a lot of people. I don't understand why it's not fixed. Thanks, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here, I hope this gets fixed soon on the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now March 2022, and I am still having the same issue. My brand new Alienware 12 core grinds to a halt and makes the same error on shutdown.

Did noone @ Adobe address this issue at all??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this problem constantly on my old Windows 7 laptop,  and again on the new windows 10 laptop.

I tried several of the solutions here and none worked.  FINALLY what worked for me,  was to uninstall the Reader,  then I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat DC.  I did not reinstall the reader.

The problem and message has not returned since August 2021.

Thanks to:   

defaultld2viqa0yidr
New Here , May 27, 2021

We ran into this same issue at work. We tried all the solutions in this post and we ended up uninstalling the free version of Adobe Reader and that got rid of the Transport error.

Seems that the free version interfere's with the paid version of Adobe causing this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.. what are you doing about this? For the amount of money you guys charge for your subscription, this is frustrating! Is there a fix yet?! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped for me. I hope this can be of use for you.

Link to solutioin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will try this and report back the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I unchecked them and will see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much @francis0D44 , after unchecking the options suggested in the linked solution, the problem was solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good but I'm not convinced yet. I have done things to solve this problem that worked for a week or two but it always came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it helped for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, this has fixed the issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this link but it wants my permission to send my email to who knows how many advertisers. Is there any other way to get the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked fine ! Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered this 'fix' a few weeks ago, and I haven't seen the error since!  And I have been staring at this issue for YEARS with various versions of Acrobat!!!

Whoever uncovered it---- THANK YOU!!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks! Worked for me too 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you don't have to read:

The direct URL is

https://account.adobe.com/privacy (while logged in with your Adobe account).

Then untick the choice under "Machine Learning".

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me to! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has solved the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Solved the annoying Logtransport.exe error on my HP Envy Laptop. Thanks so much! :hundred_points:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines