Highlighted

Lost of a lot of pdf files

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my acrobat reader,

I recently realised that a lot of pdf files are not anymore in there folder. The folders are still there but they are empty.  All researches by name did not work out! Is it possible that while I was upgrading the program, the old pdf files got hidden somewhere?

There is absolutely nothing that installing, updating, uninstalling, or reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader would do delete or move any user PDF files, assuming that you aren't saving such PDF files in the Acrobat Reader's own program directory (which is exceptionally unlikely!).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lost of a lot of pdf files

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my acrobat reader,

I recently realised that a lot of pdf files are not anymore in there folder. The folders are still there but they are empty.  All researches by name did not work out! Is it possible that while I was upgrading the program, the old pdf files got hidden somewhere?

There is absolutely nothing that installing, updating, uninstalling, or reinstalling Adobe Acrobat Reader would do delete or move any user PDF files, assuming that you aren't saving such PDF files in the Acrobat Reader's own program directory (which is exceptionally unlikely!).

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Dov Isaacs, Principal Scientist, Adobe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0