• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac: Adober Reader newer version already installed

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I was trying to install some new certificates for digital signature and after adding the certificates they won't show up when trying to sign. So I tried to remove and reinstall Adobe Reader. When I try to  install it I get the "newer version already installed" error. I tried downloading the Acrobat Cleaning tool, but it will say I don't have any Acrobat version installed. I try installing Adobe Acrobat Pro from our CC licencense from an other computer and it worked fine, then when I removed it using the Acrobat Cleaner, which run, but only found the Acrobat Pro I just installed (I need that licence on the other computer) and when I try to install Acrobat Reader again I'll get the "newer version already installed".  I also tryed creating an other Admin user and trying to install it from there and the same happened. 

A lot, if not all, the answers I have been able to find are for Windows, not Mac. Can someone point to any files that need to be deleted that are not being deleted by the Cleaner?

I have Mac OS Mojave. I tryed getting the latest version offered and choosing OS/Version options but the same error.

I feel there is some issue with the preferences, because also for more that I try to trust and install the certificates, they show up on my trusted list, but not when I try to sign. Do I need to whipe the computer?

Thanks for any ideas

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?