Highlighted

Mac Book Pro - images downloaded are saving as PDF, not jpegs, why?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm on a Mac and whenever I open a picture I've taken or try to opne the file is in PDF.  I know how to convert the file to a jpeg, but it's time consuming and I'm wondering why they are all saving as a PDF.  I would like to have them saved as JPEGS and if I need to make them a PDF, I can do that manually.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandra 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac Book Pro - images downloaded are saving as PDF, not jpegs, why?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I'm on a Mac and whenever I open a picture I've taken or try to opne the file is in PDF.  I know how to convert the file to a jpeg, but it's time consuming and I'm wondering why they are all saving as a PDF.  I would like to have them saved as JPEGS and if I need to make them a PDF, I can do that manually.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sandra 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the downloaded files actual PDFs (if so, there's nothing you can do about it, it's just how the web-site has them stored), or are they image files that got associated with Acrobat and therefore get converted to PDFs when you open them?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - they are image files first (pictures) .  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you just need to change the default program file association for these file-types to another application.

See: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/how-to-change-default-applications-mac

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 1