• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAC OS Catalina signing PDF with military CAC issues

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently upgraded to MAC OS Catalina.  Downloaded an AF pdf from the EPubs.  When I click on the signature block nothing happens (image 1, below).  Initally, the PDF said I couldn't sign it and that I had to print it, but then I followed the instructions from militarycac.com (image 2, below), which at least got rid of the purple banner stating I had to print my PDF to sign it.  In regards to the instructions in image 2, I only really had to make the following change: "You also need to changetheDefault Signing FormatfromPKCS#7-DetachedtoCAdES-Equivalent", everything else was already done. What do I need to do to digitally sign a pdf with a military CAC?

On a side note, I am able to CAC into the AF Portal and other AF sites so my CAC reader is working.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 9.37.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 9.39.27 PM.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Travis, wondering if you found a solution for this?  I am having difficulty getting Adobe to see the signatures on my CAC.  When I go to sign I get the error that I must set up a new digital signature.  Following the prompts to configure a digital signature for signing then selecting 'Use a Signature Creation Device' I receive an error that Adobe cannot find any new digital ids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I found a solution to your (our) problem. The problem resides with Catalina not having the PKCS#11 module installed. To fix this, you need to go to the OpenSC github and download the MacOS tool. Once installed and back in adobe, go to Adobe Acrobat Preferences > Identity & Trusted Certificates > More. You'll need to attach the PKCS#11 module. To do this, input the file location where OpenSC installed your PKCS#11 module the file should be /Library/OpenSC/lib/opensc-pkcs11.so. Drag and drop (or type) this in the empty field to configure your PKCS module. From here you'll need to add an signing ID and your DoD email should available. Sorry if the steps aren't clean. I need to type this up for work purposes, but wanted to get the answer posted. Hope this helps everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks -- your method worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines