Mac Printing Errors After Big Sur 11.2.3 Update

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues printing to legal size paper after updating to latest version of Big Sur. Can print same document from Microsoft Word just fine, and can print letter size pdf, but for some reason legal size is not functioning properly from Acrobat.

If I just choose actual size, it shows as a letter size document in the Acrobat print dialogue window. If I check the box to choose paper source by pdf size then it shows as a legal size document, but cuts off the top of the document and scrambles some of the other content as it prints.

I'm printing to a Brother MFC J4510DW and have to use the rear manual feed for legal size, but it worked fine prior to my updating the Mac OS.

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.27.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-09 at 11.27.32 AM.png

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found some suggested workarounds online and tried rotating the document and printing. Now the top is not cut off and the printing isn't jumbled but the bottom is cut off.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was to open the document in Chrome and print from there - no issues at all. 

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines