Highlighted

Mac printing Issue with Adobe DC

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I use an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) and have been using Adobe apps for quite some time. I also have a subscription to Adobe CC and use most of the apps including Acrobat DC. However, no matter what I do, I can never (EVER) get a pdf to either look like my word docs or print without 'gobbledegook' or missing off logos etc. I can't ever remember printing anything to a pdf (whether I save or print to PDF) without issues. I'm guessing this is a driver issue or a mac/OS conflict of some sort but I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone have any tips? I also print to a Canon ix6580 and maybe thats the issue? When I check the driver it says Driver Version 16.10.0.0. i thionk one of my techie friends loaded that driver as the Canopn Driver did the sdame thing. Much appreciated if there is a techie out there that knows exactly what my problem is as its driving me potty!!  Thanks, Mike O.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac printing Issue with Adobe DC

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I use an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) and have been using Adobe apps for quite some time. I also have a subscription to Adobe CC and use most of the apps including Acrobat DC. However, no matter what I do, I can never (EVER) get a pdf to either look like my word docs or print without 'gobbledegook' or missing off logos etc. I can't ever remember printing anything to a pdf (whether I save or print to PDF) without issues. I'm guessing this is a driver issue or a mac/OS conflict of some sort but I can't seem to fix it. Does anyone have any tips? I also print to a Canon ix6580 and maybe thats the issue? When I check the driver it says Driver Version 16.10.0.0. i thionk one of my techie friends loaded that driver as the Canopn Driver did the sdame thing. Much appreciated if there is a techie out there that knows exactly what my problem is as its driving me potty!!  Thanks, Mike O.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike_Ormesher

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you can't get a pdf to either look like word docs or print without 'gobbledegook' or missing off logos.

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using. To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Are you trying to create the PDF from the MS Word or are you trying to print the PDF file and experiencing the issue? Please share the screenshot of the issue for a better understanding?

Also, is this a behavior with a particular file or with all the files? Please try with a different file and check. If its a file specific issue please share the file with us for testing.

1. If you are trying to create the PDF from Word, please try to use the Acrobat Ribbon present in the MS Word tool bar on the top right. You may also try to create the PDF from Acrobat DC File menu > Create > PDF from file and see if that makes any difference.  For more you may also look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/how-to/create-pdf-files-word-excel-website.html

You may also try to open the PDF file and go to Tools > Printproduction > Preflight > Select 'Single fixups' > Select 'Embed Fonts' > Click Fix and see if that works for you.

2. If you are trying to print the PDF file, please try to print as image and see if that works for you. Open the PDF > go to Print > Advanced > Print As Image

Also, please try to check for any missing/pending updated for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0