Highlighted

Mail.app wants to sign using key "privatekey" in your keychain

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to sign a document using the sign/signature tool but for whatever reason, I ended creating a digital signature by mistake now I can't send the email without attaching a private key. I needed to remove this ASAP. 

Adobe Reader doesn't allow me to remove the certificate. i.e clicking on the "Remove Id" does nothing.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.31.47.png

SOLUTION:

1. Open Keychain on your mac "search 'keychain' in Spotlight (The magnifying glass icon on the top right of your screen) or Go to >Applications>Utilities>Keychain.app

2. Find the culprit certificate in the list

3. Take a back of the key in case something goes wrong by exporting the certificate.

4. >>> Delete

5. Restart the Mail app and also the Adobe Reader app.

Sorted 🙂

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mail.app wants to sign using key "privatekey" in your keychain

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to sign a document using the sign/signature tool but for whatever reason, I ended creating a digital signature by mistake now I can't send the email without attaching a private key. I needed to remove this ASAP. 

Adobe Reader doesn't allow me to remove the certificate. i.e clicking on the "Remove Id" does nothing.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.31.47.png

SOLUTION:

1. Open Keychain on your mac "search 'keychain' in Spotlight (The magnifying glass icon on the top right of your screen) or Go to >Applications>Utilities>Keychain.app

2. Find the culprit certificate in the list

3. Take a back of the key in case something goes wrong by exporting the certificate.

4. >>> Delete

5. Restart the Mail app and also the Adobe Reader app.

Sorted 🙂

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So which key chain is the culprit?  

I've deleted a bunch of them and none of them have the effect.

I really must remove the request to type in my password for each email --it's absurd!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0