Highlighted

Mail Merge plugin for Acrobat on Macs?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to create a mail merge file with an existing PDF file. Originally it was designed in Indesign. The mail merge plugins and videos have been for PCs. Can anyone recommend a good reliable place to get such a plugin? Or is there another way for me to make this work?  Thanks! David in Austin.

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mail Merge plugin for Acrobat on Macs?

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to create a mail merge file with an existing PDF file. Originally it was designed in Indesign. The mail merge plugins and videos have been for PCs. Can anyone recommend a good reliable place to get such a plugin? Or is there another way for me to make this work?  Thanks! David in Austin.

TOPICS
Macintosh, PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 20, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the mail merge in InDesign.

Then export to PDF (or multiple PDFs) and print the individual documents.

Bevi Chagnon | Designer & Technologist for Accessible InDesign + PDFs | Books @ www.PubCom.com/books — NEW! Accessible InDesign + PDF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that possible without being labor intensive? How does that work, what is the process?

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's your definition of "labor intensive", exactly, but I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to generate hundreds of merged files with just a couple of clicks. You can find it here: Custom-made Adobe Scripts: Acrobat -- Mail Merge and Email PDF Files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. In Word for Windows, there is a component from Adobe that allows us to mail merge a document with data from a spreadsheet and then it automatically generates individual PDFs and sends them to the recipients. Why it is not present in the Word for MAC version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer to that, but my script works on all platforms.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0