• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mailto not working on a mac

Contributor ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a submit/mailto button on the bottom of a a set of forms. The button works perfectly for me on a PC, but my client who is on a MAC gets nothing! We've done a screenshare this morning and when she clicks it litterally nothing happens.

I don't know macs at all, so have no idea. I thought it might be similar to a PC that if it's opened in a browser, it won't might not work, but she's saved it to her desktop and then opened it and it still hasn't worked.

The pdf isn't opening in Acrobat though, it's opening in whatever pdf reader is on a mac.

Any info or advice gratefully received so I can tell her what to do that will we make this work.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

The default PDF reader on a Mac is called Preview. It is total poison to forms, for example if the user does manage to fill it and get it back to you somehow, it will be blank. You need to give very clear instruction (and motivation) that Acrobat Reader must be used. Or, just abandon PDF forms for something Apple like and support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default PDF reader on a Mac is called Preview. It is total poison to forms, for example if the user does manage to fill it and get it back to you somehow, it will be blank. You need to give very clear instruction (and motivation) that Acrobat Reader must be used. Or, just abandon PDF forms for something Apple like and support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I saw the name Preview on the screen - didn't realise that was the pdf reader!! Thats good to know.

Right ... I'll put some thought into this and what I can do.

Thanks for you answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines