• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make a drop-down list option unselectable

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to make a few options in a dropdown list UNSELECTABLE by the end-user in a PDF. The unselectable options are actually the Cause of Death categories - we only want the users to select the actual conidtion and not select the category accidently.

Example below:

Hemorrahge (display in dropdown, but make it unselectable)

10.1 Hemorrhage - Uterine Rupture

10.2 Placental Abruption

10.3 Placenta Previa

... etc

Infection (display in dropdown, but make it unselectable)

20.1 Chorioamnionitis

20.2 Sepsis

... etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

GC

TOPICS
Create PDFs , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Try this version of the code:

if (event.value) event.rc = /^\d/.test(event.value) || event.value==event.target.defaultValue;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this code as the field's custom validation script:

if (event.value) event.rc = /^\d/.test(event.value);

This will only allow the user to select items that begin with a number. If you have a default option that you want them to be able to select (something like "Select") then we'll need to adjust the script to allow for that, too (assuming it doesn't start with a number, either).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your suggestion. That is turly amazing - it works, but I am UNABLE to select the " " option that I have as the very option inthe dropdown list. The first option signifies no user seleciton.

The consequence of this is that if I select a value with a number and then change my mind and want to go back to the very first option (" "), I am unable to select that. The selection reverts back to the selection with the number.

Could you please suggest a tweek to the code that will allow me to either select " " or a number and nothing else.

I really appreciate your quick help - it is amazing to see it work. Almost there. Thanks again.

GC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this version of the code:

if (event.value) event.rc = /^\d/.test(event.value) || event.value==event.target.defaultValue;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much for your assistance. That was most kind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines