Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Select Tool default, when open a file

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy!

When I open a document Content Editing > Edit text &Image is selected by default.

Please help me to make the "Select Tool" as default!

I tried edit Preference>General with no chance . . .

I use Acrobat XI.

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you try to repair the installation see if resetting Acrobat to its  default preferences  helps: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-preference-settings-in-acrobat/td-p/6499709?page... 

If you choose to repair installation, add the last update for that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank's for help but unfortunately this is not a solution for me, I don't want to loss all my settings and toolbars options, I just want to change in the default document's open options some way . . .

I already have the latest version: 11.0.23 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't think of anything but reapplying the latest update for that old unsupported version.

For some weird reason sometimes reapplying this update fixes things.

On the other hand, I downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader XI in a debian based linux distro to play around with it and the Reader version doesn't have these editing features. So I am only able to make the hand tool select text and images, or switch from hand to selection tool when right-clicking on an opened document from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tenho o Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Continuous Release - Versão 2021.001.20138) instalado em dois notebooks. Um notebook com tela sensível a toque e outro notebook com tela normal.
Com o notebook com tela normal, o Acrobat inicia por padrão com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, mesmo que eu o encerre com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa. Com o notebook com tela sensível ao toque, ele inicia por padrão com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa, mesmo que eu o encerre com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa.
Queria que com o notebook com tela sensível ao toque o Acrobat inicasse com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa. Sofri durante dois anos.
Com o notebook com tela senível a toque, fui em "Preferências", na categoria "Geral", e desmarquei a caixa de seleção "Exibir teclado sensível ao toque quando o dispositivo estiver no modo para toque ou no modo tablet". Pronto.
Agora, se fecho o Acrobat com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa, abrirá futuramente em qualquer documento com a ferramenta "Mão" ativa. Se fecho o Acrobat com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, abrirá futuramente em qualquer documento com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa.
Para que o Acrobat abra sempre com a ferramenta "Selecionar" ativa, indepentemente de nós fecharmos com a ferramenta "Mão" ou "Selecionar" ativa, fui em na categoria "Acessibilidade" e marquei a caixa de verificação "Sempre exibir o cursor de seleção do teclado".
Mas, afinal, achei esta última parte desnessária para mim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines