Highlighted

Making combined pdf pages the same size.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined several pages into one pdf Binder.  Although all the pages were built on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, inside the combined pdf they are different sizes on the scree.  How can I achieve continuity between all the page sizes?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

Print to Adobe PDF with "fit" (uncheck from "actual size") in print settings.

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making combined pdf pages the same size.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combined several pages into one pdf Binder.  Although all the pages were built on 8.5 x 11 inch paper, inside the combined pdf they are different sizes on the scree.  How can I achieve continuity between all the page sizes?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Geоrge | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Create PDFs, Macintosh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2016 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nfotx6708 ,

Could you please tell what application you are using to combine pdf?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2016 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat XI, 11.0.7.

I combined several pdf files into one binder.  In the thumbnails column, the first page highlights blue around the entire page and that page is seen in full size to the right of the thumbnails column.  The second thumbnail highlights in blue around the entire page but has the black "viewing window" representing what is showing full size on the screen.

I have attached an image showing the difference between page one and two.  I would prefer to have the entire binder display pages in the same size.  All of these pages are 8.5 x 11 Screen Shot 2016-07-30 at 1.36.39 PM.pnginches in physical form.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combining PDF files with Adobe Acrobat will not change the pages sizes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2016 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2016 6
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2017 0
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of the pages have crop marks and/or bleed? The trim size for all of the pages might be 8.5x11, but the pages with crop marks will have a larger media box, and look larger on screen. In Acrobat, you can go to Tools> Print Production> Preflight> (select the wrench icon for changes)> Pages> Set Crop Box to Trim Box.

You can also place all of the pages into InDesign and export to a new PDF at the desired size.

You can go to File> Document Properties> Initial View> Magnification to select a desired magnification when the PDF is opened, however it won't force different sized pages to appear to be the same size.

If you are sending your PDF to a commercial printer, be sure to include bleed on your PDF, if needed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2016 1
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Print to Adobe PDF is not supported use 'save as'"

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 14, 2018 0