Highlighted

Making PDF forms from Word forms styled as tables

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When autotagging a form from a document, table tags often pop up when Acrobat reads the original design, as the layout in Word is made with help of tables. In the respective table tags, the structure is correct, with p and form tags. See enclosed picture.

I understand that the table structure in itself is of no use for the screenreader in this case. But are the table tags a problem, i.e. is it necessary to rebuild the structure with p tags on the top level and get rid of the table tags?

I read that screenreaders often go into form mode while finding form fields, som my idea was that they might ignore the table tags? If so, does that apply to other applications used by users?

Best regards,

Ulrika

TOPICS
PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making PDF forms from Word forms styled as tables

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When autotagging a form from a document, table tags often pop up when Acrobat reads the original design, as the layout in Word is made with help of tables. In the respective table tags, the structure is correct, with p and form tags. See enclosed picture.

I understand that the table structure in itself is of no use for the screenreader in this case. But are the table tags a problem, i.e. is it necessary to rebuild the structure with p tags on the top level and get rid of the table tags?

I read that screenreaders often go into form mode while finding form fields, som my idea was that they might ignore the table tags? If so, does that apply to other applications used by users?

Best regards,

Ulrika

TOPICS
PDF forms, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0

Have something to add?