• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manually changing text and background colours

Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to change the text and background colours in a document.

To be clear, this is not via edit>preferences as a "view" option, but rather as a fixed design element for the document wherever it's viewed.

I can change the background colour via tools>pages>background

I can change the text colour via tools>content editing>edit text and images

However... I have a problem: this is a 400+ page document and the most I can do is select all text frames on a single page.

Is there any way to select all text frames on all pages in the document in order to change the text colour? 

Or any other work-around to achieve what I'm trying to do without having to go through the entire document page-by-page?

<br>
~ David Sweeney-Bear ~
TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

This is a very very bad idea. You should not try to attempt such extensive changes in Acrobat. PDF files were not meant to be edited in such a way. Go back to the original file format used to create the PDF, make the changes there and then create a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very very bad idea. You should not try to attempt such extensive changes in Acrobat. PDF files were not meant to be edited in such a way. Go back to the original file format used to create the PDF, make the changes there and then create a new PDF file from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, sound advice!

What I'm really looking for is a pdf reader for tablet that allows me to change background and text colour, since adobe's mobile reader doesn't allow this in the way that the desktop app does.

This was intended as a workaround if i could change the colours in the pdf itself, but point taken, and also having a background colour is not good for highlights (which i use a lot) since they dont show up on anything except a white background.

<br>
~ David Sweeney-Bear ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens if you can't get hold of the source document.  Can Adobe put in a change request to get this feature implemented?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines