• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Margin measurements

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I measure the margins of a PDF document? I need to be able to inspect many documents (100+) to see if their margins comply with requirements.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work if you enable the rulers from the View menu and pull out ruler guides from the rulers?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

As clearly stated in the post, I need to quickly test big number (100+, in some cases 1000+) documents whether the margin of the document is within the spec (e.g. not less than 0.75"). Doing this manually for every document would require a lot of billable hours. And, I need this to be done every 3 months. 

What is needed is a reference to a Javascript programming  (possibly with a combination with a PowerShell batch script) to process the files.

I was hoping to get a hint what JS method or variable that is specific for Acrobat I could use to get the document margins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I edited your post to add the tag for JavaScript since you hadn't mentioned that in your first query. Some of the scripters filter by the tags and will be more likely to catch your post now.

Acrobat does not have margins, as it is not a page layout program, but some of the scripters and programmers are quite talented and I never try to guess what they can or cannot do. 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines