• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marking records to suppress print

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client request where I am going to provide them one large PDF. (4000 pages) They are going to go through it and mark the records that they do not want us to print.  We would suppress them.  

1. Is there a way to mark these pages?

2. Once marked, is there a way to regenerate a PDF without the marked records?

Any ideas are appreciated.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are various ways to do that, all require using a custom-made script.

For example, they can create bookmarks that point to the pages to be removed, or place a comment on them (like a sticky note). A script can then look for these objects and delete the pages they are on, and save the file under a new name when done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide more information on the custom script?  Is this within Adobe Acrobat or Windows?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Within Acrobat. It can be executed from a new menu item or tool that it will add to the application.

If you wish I could develop that script for you, for a fee. You can contact me privately via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines