• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Collection pop-up: "Trial will expire in 32767 days”

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been successfully using Acrobat X Pro since I purchased Master Collection CS6.   Over the last couple weeks, whenever I use Acrobat, I get a Master Collection pop-up message the saying  “Your trial will expire in 32767 days”.  I can close the message (2 steps) and continue.  I tried entering my CS6 license number, but that didn’t stop it from happening.  

How do I make this go away?

Thanks, Dave

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

As a follow up, I have, after a lot of searching, seemingly found a fix.  It involves hiding the cache.db file from the programs (by renaming it) and then going through the whole deactivation / reactivation process:

1. Close all Adobe Creative Suite 6 programs, including Acrobat Pro
  2. Navigate to \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
  3. rename cache.db to (e.g) "backupcache.db"
  4. Open a CS6 program (I used PhotoShop) and follow Solution 3 in this link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get it from a legitimate source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a legitimate version of CS 6 bought in 2013 running on Windows 7 pro and have been having issues with various CS products (PS, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro etc) for about a month. When launcing a CS6 product I would get the "End of trial version" pop up and have to go through entering the serial number and updating my adobe ID profile. I tried updating Adobe CC and uninstalling and reinstalling CS 6 but the problem persisted.

What seemed to work for me was this https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/trial--1-launch.html.

I followed the instructions then updated the relevent products using Adobe CC.

I was still getting the "trial version will expire in 32767 days" pop-up for acrobat yesterday but so far today nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have CC it takes over the licensing of CS6. I can't recommend having them on the same system (even for different apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - Looks Ilike the "trial pop-up" is back but just for Acrobat....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with mine.  Running it on Windows 7 and have never had a problem until a few weeks ago.  I spent hours on the phone with their India tech support office (useless), re-installed the software and went through the  process described in one of the links (de-activeate/re-activate)  but to no avail.  All the products work except for Acrobat X.  Has anyone found a solution? 

Deeply frustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it still runs, but with a trial message for 32767 days, I would stop there and just use it. Many people have much worse issues, and reinstalling often makes them even worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have exactly the same problem. However, accepting the state without solution from adobe is not an alternative. We all have paid (enough) for the software and adobe should deliver a solution to avoid bothering the customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is past end of life. That means no support. Really NO support. So if this message is your worse problem, and it runs otherwise, be happy. But know you are living on borrowed time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't consider activation issues to fall under "support". It's a requirement forced by Adobe on its users so it must stick by it and make sure that it works, even if it decided (unilaterally) that the application itself is no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have started having this same issue over the past month.  Started when I had to swap motherboards in my PC (hard crash).  All the CS6 programs came back after I reactivated CS6 with the serial number, but Acrobat X Pro has continued to show the "expire in 32767 days".   Tried AcroFix, and the deactivate/reactivate process. Yesterday, the program told me my trial had expired.   I redid all the above steps, and I am back to "expire in 32767 days".    Very Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originated this question / topic about a year ago.  After a few replies, and investigating this further, it was clear that ADOBE IS NO LONGER GOING TO SUPPORT ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH CS6 (and it's predecessors).  Over the last couple decades, I had been purchasing the CS Master Collection product religiously. 
So I've now moved on to Adobe CC as Adobe's strategic plan meant it to be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, I have, after a lot of searching, seemingly found a fix.  It involves hiding the cache.db file from the programs (by renaming it) and then going through the whole deactivation / reactivation process:

1. Close all Adobe Creative Suite 6 programs, including Acrobat Pro
  2. Navigate to \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache
  3. rename cache.db to (e.g) "backupcache.db"
  4. Open a CS6 program (I used PhotoShop) and follow Solution 3 in this link https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html  NOTE: keep opening and closing the product until the Help menu shows the deactivate command as active
  5. Reopen Acrobat X.   I no longer see the Trial Version pop up

Hope this helps somebody else going through the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use CS6 on a VM with Windows 11 and also have this message. But I also moved to Linux some years ago for my main workstation. Never looked back.

Gimp < Photoshop
Inkscape < Illustrator
Scribus < InDesign
Darktable < Lightroom
Kdenlive < Premiere
Blender < AfterEffects
Audacity < Soundbooth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines