Copied

Screenshot (11).png

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Contact McAfee Technical Support. We cannot help you here if their antivirus software is yielding false positives.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact McAfee and ask them to clarify what they consider the virus to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem , did you get any response from Mcafee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same message from trying to open a PDF with Adobe that we just purchased.  I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still get this message from McAfee when I try to open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact McAfee Technical Support. We cannot help you here if their antivirus software is yielding false positives.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of ironic considering McAfee software sometimes comes bundled with Reader...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

McAfee software absolutely does not come bundled with Adobe Acrobat Reader. There is an option (regrettably defaulted to “on”) to download and install the McAfee software (which I personally do not endorse) that appears on the download page for Adobe Acrobat Reader, but it is not a “bundle” in the normal usage of that term.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, an "optional offer", then... It's still a form of bundling, IMO, even if you can opt out of it. At the very least it's a collaboration between Adobe and McAfee, so you would expect the latter's software to not identify the former's as a virus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines