• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Measuring tool stopped working in Feb 2021

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Acrobat Pro DC has changed the icon from black to red and now displays a (32-bit) bracket in the top application bar. Following this change, the measuring tool has stopped working for me. I can't finish a measurement, be it a line or area. I can click the first point, it normally snaps to an intersection / corner, I can click the final point but can't get the measurement to finish. 

I tried repairing the installation (Help-Repair installation), I also tried restarting the laptop, neither one worked.

Is there a solution to this please?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Hi, 

I uninstalled all of DC Pro and then installed it again and it worked. 

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pavel!

Thank you for reaching out.

As the measuring tool is not working for you, we tried to replicate the issue at our end and it is working fine.

Would you mind sharing the Acrobat Pro DC and OS version on the machine. You may use the steps suggested in the following help document to check the Application version: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product-version.html 

It would be helpful if you can share a small video of the issue occurring at your end and the sample PDF on which the issue occurs. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi, 

Thank you for the quick reply. The Acrobat version is Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2021.001.20138 continuous release (Version File Version 21.001.20138.29261, AGM Version 4.030.00106, CoolType Version 5.014.00062, Core Version 21.256, JP2K Version 1.002.0003.48161).

I run Windows 10 (Edition Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, Installed on ‎19-‎Aug-‎20, OS build 19042.804, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0)

My computer specs are:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Attached, the video and file. The problem occurs with other pdfs as well though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I uninstalled all of DC Pro and then installed it again and it worked. 

P.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstall and reinstall twice, measure the tool is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pavel5EF2 

Does your problem solve? after giving all the requested details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please disregard my question.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM USING the measuring tool.  i calculate one length. when i go to calculate another one , the first one disappears???  why??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. This started on 11/08/2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me as well but I found a fix. Go to measure, right-click, go to preferences, un-check "Use scale and Units from Document (when present)."

For some reason my file has another scale embedded in it somewhere that was conflicting the measuring tool for distance and area. 

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

It's good for you that measuring tool is working for you, I tried your suggested solution and it worked once. When I attempted to measure at different spot measurement disappered.

Thanks for the sharing.

Vijay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just had this issue, I managed to fix it by right mouse clicking (when on the measuring tool), and then select "Enable Measurement Markup"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank goodness for you. Appreciatively, an Adobe user from the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines